Friday, June 4, 2010

It's not just a lemon

So have you all been keeping the power of lemons a secret from me?? Not only do they make your disposal smell fresh and add a bit of zing to your tall glass of refreshment, they have magical cleaning properties. (Insert your own sound of magical harp music) Hard water bites and cleaning hard water gunk bites even harder. And because I not only hate elbow grease, I hate convincing others (i.e. Todd) to use their elbow grease, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time surfing the web for the perfect miracle cleaner. Lemons! Who knew? Who knew a little squeeze of mr. lemon bottle could get rid of hard water? It's true! I cleaned the rings around my faucets AND it even worked on my colored grout. Who knows what will become of the grout after several uses but hey, it looks nice right now.

Oh, and two other uses for lemons:


1- if you rub it on your nails it supposedly brightens them

and best of all

2- it produces this face after shotglasses (yes, multiple) full are consumed...




8 comments:

Claudia said...

Awesome! I'll break out the lemon juice as a cleaner right now, and stop using it to make pie.

Whitni said...

Good to know! I now know what to do with my last lemon. It really cleans grout??!! I can't wait!

tristanjh said...

I was just complaining to Steve yesterday about how much I HATE trying to clean the glass shower doors in our bath room. The operative word being 'trying' since I have yet to find anything that really works. Can't wait to try it!

Sarah said...

Claudia: WAIT!!STOP!! I never meant for pie to not be baked!!!! I'll send you a large bottle of lemon juice STAT!

Whitni: Ok, well, it removes hard water but I'm not sure about other stuff. I also just found an awesome cleaner for grout - Oxyboost by Natural Choices (bought it on the web). You make a thick paste, pour it on your grout, leave it for like an hour, scrub and then clean up. Works on colored grout too!

Tristan: Haven't tried it on glass yet - let me know how it works!! I can't imagine it won't. The only time I've had glass shower doors was in college and I don't believe they were ever cleaned. :>

Tyson and Jennifer said...

Wow, thanks for the great tips! And the very funny photo--did you say that was after 5 tastes?! Evan really is determined!

Claudia, I'm with Sarah on the pie

Tyson and Jennifer said...

-k- not 5, but mulitple...I don't know where I got that number.

Corbie said...

Being the hippie that I am, I use lemon for everything. My favorite, though, is that facial expression - my oldest sucks on one every chance he gets and he looks just like Evan every dang time. Cute pic.

Sarah said...

Jenny: Yes, MULITPLE! Whenever I catch him in the fridge it's either for milk or lemon juice.

Corbie: So you HAVE been keeping the secret powers of lemons from me!!!! What other magical cleaning tips are you keeping to yourself?? Hmmmmm??